Hello all,

Continuing the conversation here...

Gary, I wouldn't say that an SBOM is an XML transformation of a POM.
CycloneDX, for example, can contain information not in a POM, such as
license information, service relationships, and vulnerabilities [1].
The component identifiers used are also different in that they
describe the component uniquely across the entire software space
(different languages, packaging schemes, etc.) and not just in the
Maven ecosystem. However, for the purposes of Apache Commons, I expect
that there will be a good amount of overlap between the information in
the POM and that in the SBOM.

Mark, can you provide an more details on how we should interact with
OpenSSF? Do we simply show up in the Zoom meeting or is there some
sort of protocol we need to follow? Are you picturing us following
their lead on SBOM recommendations?

Regards,
Matt J

[1] https://cyclonedx.org/specification/overview/