Hi Luca,

I do have another question though : Let's say I have a collection named
> Hosts. Inside this collection, I put custom Java objects with the method
> above. My question is this : can I use XQuery to search the data from these
> objects? And if it is possible, how can I write the actual query?
> Let us say my custom object (Host) includes a hostname (String) and the
> free space on it (long). I'd like to get, say, the name of the host with the
> most free space. The problem is that I don't know the name of the xml tags
> used to store the data, since the actual xml was written by the API method.
> Isn't there a query that will give me the tags in a collection?

1. To view structure (schema) of your database or collection or document
query one of the following system documents (
http://modis.ispras.ru/sedna/progguide/ProgGuidesu8.html#x14-570002.5.6):

   - $schema document – descriptive schema of all documents and
collections with
   some schema-related information;
   - $schema_<name> document – the descriptive schema of the document
or collection
   named <name>;

For example, run se_term, and execute doc('$schema_test') to get structure
of the 'test' document/collection.

2.  How do you store your resource? Please give us snippet of code - it's
very hard to understand even which one API do you use (XML:DB, XQJ, native
Sedna Java API).

Ivan Shcheklein,
Sedna Team