Ok.. thx…. Just checking ;-)

I’d hate to use suboptimal solutions.

Thx for the quick reply !!

Robby

From: Ivan Shcheklein [mailto:shchekl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:45 PM
To: sedna-discussion
Subject: [Sedna-discussion] Fwd: checking if a value is present in the index

Hi Robby,

No, if you don't process or serialize value returned from an index-scan call
you don't have any penalties.

You query is ok, I believe.

Ivan

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Robby Pelssers
<robby.pelss...@nxp.com<mailto:robby.pelss...@nxp.com>> wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering about the following.

I ran the following XQuery against a very large collection (+- 16k documents)

let $btIds := ("BLF3G22-30","BLF3G22-30","BLF2043","BLF2043","BLF2045")

(: Remark in my case the list above took 20k identifiers :)

for $btId in $btIds
where empty(index-scan('basictype_id', $btId, 'EQ'))
return $btId

But the index-scan function returns the document where I'm actually already
satisfied with knowing if the value is present in the index. I did not see any
function that returns a Boolean however (if $value in index).

Does this have a severe performance penalty I was wondering?

Robby