Hi,
i'm using Sedna DB XML, i've installed and configured the application in a
CentOS system on a phisical machine with 32GB RAM and 1 TB of Hard-disk.

My actual DB-Collection contains 130Gb of XML and the Sedna configuration
is:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<db>
   <name>cerved_test</name>
   <bufs_num>32000</bufs_num>
   <max_log_files>60</max_log_files>
   <tmp_file_initial_size>6000</tmp_file_initial_size>
   <upd_crt>0.25</upd_crt>
</db>

This is a part of XML i want to index (xml is contained in a Collection):

<s2xResponse>
    <s2xStatus Reload="N">
    <s2xData>[XML-NODES]</s2xData>
    <s2xInfo>[XML-NODES]</s2xInfo>
    <s2xDocument>[XML-NODES]</s2xDocument>
    <IfisInfo>
        <insert_date>20131023</insert_date>
        <ndg>231459</ndg>
        <group_id>231459</group_id>
        <fiscal_code>07530530018</fiscal_code>
        <document_date>-</document_date>
        <hash_key>-</hash_key>
        <is_last>true</is_last>
    </IfisInfo>
</s2xResponse>

I've tried to create some indexs on dark-green keys to increase
performance in query execution:

CREATE INDEX "bs_index_ndg"
ON collection("CERVED_FULL")/s2xResponse//IfisInfo BY ndg
AS xs:string
USING "bstrie" &

CREATE INDEX "bs_index_fc"
ON collection("CERVED_FULL")/s2xResponse//IfisInfo BY fiscal_code
AS xs:string
USING "bstrie" &

CREATE INDEX "bs_index_last"
ON collection("CERVED_FULL")/s2xResponse//IfisInfo BY is_last
AS xs:string
USING "bstrie" &

I'm using a heavy query to test performance:

for $a in collection('CERVED_FULL')/s2xResponse
where $a/IfisInfo/is_last/text() = "true" and (
      $a/IfisInfo/ndg/text() = "value1" or
      $a/IfisInfo/ndg/text() = "value2" or
      [~4000 OR value conditions]
)
return
        <Response>
              <Key1></Key1>
              <Key2></Key2>
              <Key3></Key3>
        </Response>

This query give me result in ~240 seconds, the same time before and after
index creation.

Is something wrong in my INDEX creation?
Is there any configuration parameter i can change to increase performance?

Every day i load ~100 new xml document on db and the same query, with the
same number of OR condition (identical query), lose some time in execution,
so i think is an INDEX problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much
Matteo