I think I actually understand your issue. I was trying to do the same
thing a while back and came up with a very awkward workaround.

The problem here, (the reason I don't think it's addressed by the
paragraph Yaron is referring to)  is that the category is not being
set in Page A (the page containing the code {{Book |title="Pride
and...) but rather in Template:Books. The <noinclude> can't be placed
there because that would mean Page A would not be added to the
category. In a non-SF world the solution would be to put
<noinclude>{{Books}}</noinclude> on Page A as you mentioned. In an SF
world the only way to get that code into Page A (to the best of my
knowledge) would be to preload it into the text area, as it seems
you're trying to do. That doesn't work because since that code is in
the Form: definition, none of it would actually be preloaded as it is
enclosed in <noinclude> tags.

My quick and dirty workaround at the time was to preload the following
into the free text area:
<noinclude{{subst:Rest_Of_Preload}}

and then in Template:Rest_Of_Preload have:
>[[Category:Catname]]</noinclude>
or in your case you would put whatever is in Template:Books in between
the > and the </noinclude>

There may be better ways to do this but if not maybe facilities should
be added to SF to allow for this kind of thing.

Hope it helps
Issac