On Sonntag, 2. August 2009, Jeff Thompson wrote:
> Suppose "my date property" is "birthdate". Instead of [[birthdate::not a
> date]], I think it be the other way around:
> [[not a date::birthdate]]
> so that it won't be confused with other property values for birthdate.

I think there is still some misunderstanding here: we do not intend to add
[[birthdate::not a date]]. We are looking for a new property name X for which
we would add [[X::Property:birthdate]]. This is similar to your second case,
but we will not have X being specific to Type:Date (or to a particular error
message). Rather, X will mean something like "invalid value given to property"
and be applied to all properties and errors.

-- Markus

> Markus Krötzsch wrote:
> > The upcoming SMW release 1.4.3 will introduce a property that helps to
> > find
> > input errors: its value will be the page of the property that the
> > wrong value
> > was assigned to. For example, if you put
> >
> > [[my date property::not a date]]
> >
> > on page "Test1" (where the property would expect a valid date), then
> > SMW will
> > automatically store the value "Property:my date property" for "Test1".
> >
> > This is surely useful for maintenance. The question is how to call
> > this new
> > special property. Sufficiently descriptive names tend to be unwieldy,
> > as for
> > example "error for property" or "input error for". The point is that the
> > property takes another property as its value, not an error message.
> >
> > User poll: How would you prefer this to be called?

> >----- Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008
> > 30-Day
> > trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and
> > focus on
> > what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
> > Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july

Markus Krötzsch
Semantic MediaWiki    http://semantic-mediawiki.org
http://korrekt.org    mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org