Hi Yaron,

I also would like to do some changes to the RDF export in general:

(1) I would like URI generation to be easier to control in extensions. The
main goal of this would be to make the current "vocabulary import" feature of
SMW a separate extension, and to allow for other such extensions that
implement better solutions for using external URIs.

(2) I would like it to become a result printer, so that there is an ask format
"rdf" that uses the same code as the export Special page. The problem here is
that RDF export does not export is based on SMWSemanticData objects (all data
for some page) while query printers are based on SMWQueryResult objects
(tabular data based on a fixed set of print requests).

I guess your changes could go into that re-factoring of the export code as
well. One thing to consider is that the current RDF export is largely
controlled by the data value implementations: every datatype can provide its
own way for encoding its contents in RDF (triples, which are then serialized
to RDF/XML during printout). This is also important to allow SMW to be used
with RDF stores (they get the generated RDF for storing it). So care must be
taken when extending the RDF: it is not enough to insert some string into the
RDF/XML generation, but rather the corresponding RDF triples should be
generated at an earlier stage already so that they are available for other
uses (such as connecting RDF stores) as well.

So how do internal objects relate to datatypes? In fact, maybe you could send
a short email to explain how internal objects work at the moment.

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch  <mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org>
* Personal page: http://korrekt.org