I think it's would be right place to jump in.

Hello, my name is Krzysztof Krzyżaniak a.k.a. eloy and I work for Wikia
Inc as backend team leader. We are probably (correct me if I am wrong)
on of the biggest user of Semantic Mediawiki suite. We currently have
enabled it on about 100 wikis for example on familypedia.wikia.com or
yugioh.wikia.com or www.wowwiki.com (but also on wikis which you
probably don't suspect for SMW interest like glee.wikia.com or
madmen.wikia.com). We would like to expand existence of SMW on Wikia
(for example lyrics would love it) but currently we cannot afford it
because of performance reasons. For example, our first cluster contains
about 30.000 wikis, mostly biggest ones. About 60% of writes in
databases came from SMW extensions (SemanticMediawiki,
SemanticDrilldown, SemanticForms), also about 90% queries from slow logs
are from SMW.

I am here to find a way for scaling SMW on our wikis. But also I think
that it will be benefit for every SMW user because we want to help
improve SMW.

What you can expect:
- "real world" cases, actually lot of them :)
- bugs :) (filled in bugzilla of course)
- bug fixes and patches (either as diff or direct svn commits if you
prefer that way)
- questions

We can offer engineering hours and testbeds.

For a start I have question for Roadmap: SMW light - how complete it is?
What's missing? When you expect it will be ready? How can we help?

   eloy