Hello everybody, one more question:

can a relation "is a" be used to completely replace categories?
Can you think of any advantage/disadvantage with this approach?

Currently, the only reason I'm considering this is that an article
can end up with a long list of categories, which can be annoying.
Relations can be many but are not listed in the page unless one
wants them to be listed.

On the other hand, categories can have subcategories.
I suppose a relation "is a" is just a directed connection
between two terms/concepts. So the page "Ginger" can
have a relation [[is a::Cat]], and the page "Cat" can have
a relation [[is a::Animal]], but this is not a hierarchy, it's
just a chain of relationships, isn't it?

Sorry if my questions are a bit confused. As I mentioned in
my previous email, I'm still trying to wrap my head around
this whole Semantic Web business and how to use it for
practical applications.

Thanks for your help.

Ciao!

Manu