Howdy,

I wrote a mailet for SpamAssassin running in daemon mode (which uses Vipul's
Razor among other things). The config for the transport processor looks like:

<mailet match="SenderHostIsNotLocal" class="SpamAssassin">
  <subjectPrefix>***SPAM***</subjectPrefix>
</mailet>

This sends the message to spamd (on localhost:783 by default) for scoring and
then adds the header with the score like "X-Spam-Status: No, hits=3.5
required=5.0"

If the hits are above 5.0 the header "X-Spam-Flag: YES" is added and the
subjectPrefix will be optionally added.

I also included a matcher "SenderHostIsNotLocal" which checks the sender's host
name against MailetContext.isLocalServer(). Please let me know if there is a
better way to determine if the message is from the outside.

I would be honored if this was included with James and I could write any
necessary "Life with SpamAssassin/James" docs.

Thanks,

Josh Parreco