+1

Thanks for taking the lead on the topic!

Best regards,

Benoit

On 20/02/2024 09:18, Jean Helou wrote:
Hello devs !

I have not yet moved forward with enabling remote caching for the build and
tests in general. It is unclear to me if you are ok with trying it from the
previous discussion. So I'll call a more formal vote:

Are you ok with experimenting enabling remote build cache for james (ci
write+local read) ?

Deployment of the remote build cache would follow the documented plan
https://docs.gradle.com/enterprise/maven-build-cache/#rolling_out_the_cache_in_your_organization
TLDR;
1. move forward with the INFRA request to get our build cache node
2. test (read+write) with a few (2-3) volunteers locally (not enabled on CI)
3. enable write on CI
4, enable read for everyone

- voting starts 2024-02-20
- voting ends 2024-02-27

This is lazy consensus, this vote can be vetoed (please motivate your
veto), there will be a second formal vote to definitely enable the cache
once the experiment has been conducted and there are some results to share.

jean