On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Daniel Bennett <dant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We saw this message at boot, not sure if it's relevant:
> > AICCU is not configured go to /etc/aiccu
>
> That's normal.
>
> > pssql now starts on boot, but we are still getting the same results when
> > accessing:
> > http://172.18.0.1/(moodle/) <http://172.18.0.1/%28moodle/%29>
>
> Just to confirm, what is the output of...?
>
>  service pgsql-xs status  (we expect it to be running)

fine

>  service moodle status  ("Moodle cron job is enabled")

DISABLED

>  chkconfig --list pgsql-xs (should say that it's on in 3,4 and 5)

fine

>  chkconfig --list moodle (same)

fine

> Note! There is a 'postgres' service too. That should be stopped.

couldn't find this service

> > The result is a page stating:
> > Moodle is disabled at the moment.
>
> That is because Moodle is having trouble starting up -- and that is
> all about getting the 'pgsql-xs' service going, and the initial moodle
> setup running.
>
> Some more debugging:
>
>  - Does the file /etc/moodle/needsupgrade exist? (It should :-) )

exists

>  - Does the file  /var/log/moodle-instupg.log exist?

exists

> You'll want to
> look at it. Lines with 'PHP Notice' are safe to ignore, you should see
> lots of SQL, and a final line saying "[Wed Sep 16 05:12:57 EDT 2009]
> Finished install / upgrade - Success".

FAILURE:
mentions of correcting version/local_version mangling - will error out on
fresh DBs UPDATE 0

EnvironmentPHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function
upgrade_fix_incorrect_mnethostides() in /var/moodle/web/lib/db/upgrade.php
on line 3167
[Time date] Finished install / upgrade - Failure

I haven't answered any questions below this line.  We are trying to find a
way to get these files off the server.  I can't figure out how to set it up
as an FTP server, I can't get any linux email sending to work ((al)pine, and
mutt don't seem to be installed, and when I use "mail" I get a message
telling me that root doesn't have mail)

We are trying to set another machine up to SSH into it (a machine with email
access) but no luck.

Any idea how I can send an email from the server?

Thanks,
-Dan