"Merge requests" or as they are known in github, "Pull requests (PR)" can
be committed to the main repo by the folks who have commit access. Normally
the basic workflow is.

* There is a main "xsce" repo. It's path would be xsce/xsce.git.
* Developers create forks (or personal clones) of the repo, under their
username. eg. gjh/xsce.git, or jvonau/xsce.git.
* Typically the developer works on a branch per feature on their fork. So
there might be a branch feature-xyz under m_anish/xsce.git.
* When the feature is ready for merging, a Pull Request is created. Folks
who have commit access to xsce/xsce.git get notified.
* <Some decision making mechanism> takes place and the Pull Request is
either merged or rejected.

About <Some decision making mechanism>
* I'd like to know how we do it currently, and what folks would be
comfortable with, so we can try to follow it as closely as possible.

* In DXS development, the the process we use is (just as an example):
1. Every developer has commit access to the main xsce repo.
2. The developer creating the pull request "should not" not be the one
merging it.
3. The other developers in the team review and test the code, they
accordingly leave comments of their review and test results against the
pull request.
4. When there have been a total of two or more reviews/tests (combined),
someone with the commit access merges the PR.

One idea could be to have Jerry, George and Tim have commit access to the
XSCE repo on github, and then they decide whom to add/remove from the
accesslist and what process to follow for merging/rejecting PR's. Note,
even if you don't have commit access, you can still create a fork, make a
pull request, be notified of pull requests by others, and comment on them.

Best,
Anish