Hi every one,

I am an intern at Linagora and I am working on James.

We see in James a great mail server, that we can easily customize and
scales.

I have been working on James for 2 months and I am proud to show you the
result :

  - Improvements of the Cassandra mailbox :
        - Store ACLs in cassandra
        - Group membership resolver in Cassandra
        - Bug fix for UID and modseq generation, for flag setting and
move instruction ( in StoreMailboxManager )
  - Use of ElasticSearch as a message search index :
        - fully featured message search index
        - indexing of mailbox events ( we want to search for mails in
other applications )

You will find a tar.gz with these feature ready to use here ( tested on
a debian, you need a local cassandra and a local ElasticSearch ) :
https://ci.open-paas.org/packages/james/james-server-app-3.0.0-beta5-cassandra.tar.gz

You will perhaps need to read our documentation :
https://ci.open-paas.org/stash/projects/JWC/repos/wiki/browse/doc

Here is the link to our stash : https://ci.open-paas.org/stash/projects/JWC

All these cool feature are uploaded as patch on the apache Jira, and
waits for a review ...

What is coming ?

  - Quota support ( mailbox ) : we are finishing the review
  - Quota support in a matcher ( optimised ) : we are finishing the review
  - Quota support ( IMAP ) : we have questions about rights people
should have to perform these requests and will be pleased to discuss
that with you. We still need to do the review and right some more tests
  - An event publisher : sends event formatted in JSON to an external
queue ( we want to use it in our products ) : wewill wait the end of
other reviews to do this one
  - Other optimizations for the Cassandra mailbox : No path locker ( we
don't need it ), better indexing to avoid costly operations mainly (
next points in my roadmap )

Best regards,

Benoit Tellier