Jerry,

I don’t know if you solved your problem yet, but take a look at this. It could
be a similar issue, perhaps. Googling "spamassassin temp files” shows a bunch
of results, so it seems like the issue could be related to your configuration.
------

on my servers I resolved this issue by commenting out the 2 last lines in :
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

#loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ResourceLimits
#resource_limit_mem 134217728

it seems there is no plugin "ResourceLimits"
this seems to cause spamassassin to produce incorrect output.
commented out those lines and it's scoring spam again

ideally, cpanel would first check for the presence of this plugin and only add
the lines if it's available.

------
https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/apache-spamassassin-fills-up-tmp-with-a-bunch-of-files.87165/