Hi,

On 04/26/2017 07:58 PM, Jerry Malcolm wrote:
I've decided to take this in steps. My first objective is to just kill the email the first time it causes an OOM and at least stop it from going into an infinite loop trying to re-process it. My plan is to modify SetMimeHeader.java and add to to catch block. But I need help on what I can do to kill the email. Is there anything I can set in the Mail object or the MimeMessage object that will cause JAMES to just kill it or at least get it into a suspended state so JAMES won't restart it?

Just set its state to GHOST and it won't go further in the pipeline.

Thx.

BTW... my next step is to analyze the message in that same catch block before killing it and hopefully figure out the characteristic that is causing the OOM and simply kill it before the OOM can even occur. But that's phase 2.... Just want to stop the infinite loop first.

The easiest thing to do is to dump it in a file and log an error with the path of the file IMO.

Cheers,

--
Matthieu Baechler