On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:08:52 GMT, Richard Reingruber <rr...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I see it differently. This PR is just a simple attempt to get clean test runs
> with AssertWXAtThreadSync (after fixing an actual crash
> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8327036). While the violating locations
> in this PR might be unlikely to produce actual crashes I think it is
> worthwhile to have clean testing with AssertWXAtThreadSync because this will
> help prevent regressions that are more likely.

I agree. Fixing the current state with this PR makes sense to me. Changing the
logic of W^X will take more time and discussion. So from my point of view this
PR is ready and should be integrated. If no-one disagrees I will approve

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18238#issuecomment-2007742855