On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:15:48 GMT, Kevin Walls <kev...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Test uses  jdk.test.lib.Utils.getFreePort() when launching a new Java command.
> Looks like it already recognises "java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port
> already in use: " and retries, but there is a long-standing typo in the check.
>
> e.g.
>
> test output:
> Error: Exception thrown by the agent: java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port
> already in use: 37049; nested exception is:
>       java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>
> Test checks for:
>         !output.getOutput().contains("Exception thrown by the agent :
> java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use")
>
> Oops, we have an extra space in there.  A day-one typo from JDK-7195249.
>
> While here, try to clarify the while loop which recognises this port failure.
>  Also add something to clarify which test(s) failed, and correct a comment in
> test2 of AbstractFilePermissionTest.java

test/jdk/sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap/AbstractFilePermissionTest.java
line 144:

> 142:
> 143:         if (doTest() != 0) {
> 144:             System.out.println("FAILURE");

Would be better to print out which test failed and include the error #.

test/jdk/sun/management/jmxremote/bootstrap/AbstractFilePermissionTest.java
line 159:

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18470#discussion_r1538097934
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18470#discussion_r1538098137