Thanks a lot! I am using a different port number other than what the
webserver is using (80). Is this the problem? I do it this way because I
use a server program (instead of webserver) to communicate with the
applet. I thought URLConnection is much easier to parse the message than
the raw socket, so....

Thanks!

Xizhen