Hi all,

while installing, SGD seems to automatically determine a preferred connection method for FullScreen, Object Manager, Array Manager,... On earlier versions of Solaris that was telnet. When installing the exact same version of SGD on a more recent Solaris 10, the connection method defaults to ssh. Can anybody confirm this?

We used to setup the required SGD accounts as follows:

        groupadd -g 1000 ttaserv
        useradd -u 1000 -g ttaserv -s /bin/sh ttaserv
        useradd -u 1001 -g ttaserv -s /bin/sh ttasys

        passwd -l ttaserv
        passwd -l ttasys

So we don't have home dirs for ttaserv and ttasys. When starting Object Manager or any other app with ssh as connection method we get

Could not create directory '/home/ttasys/.ssh

The authenticity of host ... can't be established.

RSA key ...
Are you sure ...

Failed to add the host to the list of known hosts (/home/ttasys/.ssh/known_hosts).

echo - SYNC-

Launch timed out

Well, that's no wonder. What's the correct approach to fix this. Shall I create home dirs for ttaserv and ttasys or ...?

Thanks,

  Andreas