It appears that you're correct on this. I'm writing up directions for those
still on XP. The systems that were working were all 2k, and Vista. The ones
that were failing were all XP. It appears that only the first time the user
logged on from a given computer did it check the certificate. Those that had
used SGD before we installed the cert also worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help!

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Christian McHugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Keith Thomson wrote:
>
> > I'm running into a problem now with 3 separate client systems on my SGD
> > server. It's giving me the following error after I log in.
> >
> > Cannot connect to the server ***:5307
> > A X509 version 3 certificate used for signing in the certificate chain
> > does not contain a basic constrant extension and so is not valid for
> > signing.
> >
> > There seems to be nothing on this on Sun's website. The certif is a
> > Thawte SSL123 one and works on most of the computers that I've tried it on.
> >

> We've seen this problem with the thawte certs that ship with xp. So, you
> will probably notice that you do not see this problem on other operating
> systems. If you remove the thawte cert via internet explorer, it starts
> working.
>
> Christian McHugh
> Northern Arizona University

DISCLAIMER: This email and or it's contents are private and confidential.
This message (including attachments, if any) contains confidential
proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged or
otherwise protected from unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or
copying. It is for the intended recipient only