We are experiencing a problem with tarantella password caching. We have
cache for each tarantella user to logon to WTS. So this way when user
launches a windows app from WTS, the passcache is used to logon the user
to WTS. However, the problem is when user changes his WTS password (for
any reason - the user may like to change the password of his own free
will, or may be told to do so because the password has expired), this
password change is not propagated to Tarantella cache, so tarantella
continues to pass on the old password to WTS upon future invocations of
WTS-related applications. We were expecting that upon password
problem(login failure), tarantella would prompt user for new password
and update its cache. However, apparently this does not work for Windows
apps, due to limitation in the mstsc client(RDP).

The  temporary workaround we found is as follows- if the user holds the
Shift key while he launches an application from the WebTop, Tarantella
will offer him to update the cached password. However, we are hoping for
some mechanism which allows the user to update the Tarantella cache
immediately after changing the password at WTS. So in other words user
should be prompted to update cache upon login failure to use the
previously cached password. We tried changing some settings in array
manger under application launch to "prompt user upon login failure",
however this did not work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Mohammed  Ali