The following reply confused me.  I was under the impression that it was the
heat from a lean mixture that melted pistons.  If you increased the fuel to
keep up with the added volume of air from the boost, that you would not melt
pistons.  I've been boosting over 20 psi with a stock turbo on an 86 glh-s
with +40s and custom 3 Bar Cal routinely.  I actually have disconnected the
waste gate actuator entirely, much quicker spool up.  Am I on the eve of
destruction, so far so good?

Thanks,
Steve