In a message dated 4/15/07 12:44:24 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

89  daytona shelby doesn't start.  I replaced the starter and it does not
start still.  It starts with a push.  When I turn the key, I  hear a clicking
noise coming from the starter relay.  Battery is  good.  My son turned the
key and left it on for a few seconds and I  started to see smoke coming from
the wiring behind the battery.  Any  thoughts?

Thanks
Larry

Hi
Check your fusible links. On my Lancer they are by the battery. Just a shot
in the dark.
If they are burned then you have a short somewhere.

Roy
86  GLHS #200
87 Shelby Lancer #781 5sp cloth
81 Fiat  X/19