Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris VanKauwenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Shelby Dodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SD> Automatic to Manual swap or NOT!

I have an 86' Laser XT that is in excellent,untouched condition (cosmetically).
 I've installed a few mods and now I'm left with a difficult choice.  The 3
speed auto kills my performance.  I know Cindy and others sell a good 3 speed
for around $1,500 (which I'm not afraid to pay).  On the otherhand, my only
hesitation to swapping out the tranny for a manual is the condition of the
vehicle.....  as the console and everything else is in excellent condition.
Are the automatic consoles in these cars the same as a manual console?  Can a
shifter boot be installed where the gear selection indicator is located or do I
have to swap out the whole console?  I don't know if I'll ever find a manual
console with the same features in this kind of condition (not worth it to me if
this is how it is).  I'm picky like that : )

 Any opinions on the above is appreciated...manual vs. automatic...and/or
console tips.  Driving the car would definitely be more enjoyable with a
manual, and it would be nice not to hear my engine screaming at 3300-3500 rpm
at around 70mph.

 Thanks,
 Chris [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.