It appears the Shelby valve cover you have is from an 89 CSX. In 1989, the 2.2/2.5 switched to a reusable one piece gasket (including the Shelby covers). RTV is no longer required at all with them. So you need a gasket for an 89 or newer 2.2/2.5 for your Shelby cover. It is a neoprene type material, and fits in the groove that goes all around the cover. It compresses a little when the cover is bolted down. Works like a charm!

Barry

I just found a nice Shelby valve cover for my 1986 GLHS.
Took the time to strip it and put a nice crinkle coat finish on it. When I took off the turbo cover off car it has a totally
different gasket surface: 2 rubber peices on the ends and
a shallow groove with RTV sealant on the long edges.
It also has some sort of crankcase vent baffle inside it also.
The part # inside the valve cover is 41054733 09104.
The Shelby cover is part # CS1096-1  09104. The valve
cover gasket area looks to be one deep groove all around
the entire perimeter. The 1985-87 valve cover gasket I got
from Autozone will never work here.Can anyone tell me
what is the correct gasket here? Should I swap the
crankcase vent baffle into the Shelby cover?  If anyone
can help me here and needs a nice Chrysler turbo valve
cover also let me know.Thanks

       Mike P

 05 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
 01 Audi S8