Okay, thanks for sitting tight everybody. I'm back from ART & CODE
and, while I'm still working on Hackety Hack, I hope to return to
working on Shoes 3 in a week or so.

The idea is to put it out in a few weeks. The biggest part is that
we'll be moving to Ruby 1.9, VLC 1.9, and newer versions of Cairo
and Pango. Also, all of Tim Elliott's great work on Windows will be
merged. I've got some Vista fixes to work out as well.

The release after this one will focus on speed. Basically making the
retained graphics operate on an immediate surface. (A surface
living in its own thread.)

In Pittsburgh, I also had a chat with Seth Rasmussen about Shoes and
we kicked around an idea for having an extension library that would
make it a bit easier for people to bring in native controls (grids,
trees, systray, etc.) into Shoes without needing my approval. I
really like that idea and, yeah, could use some help with it.

_why