Problem fixed, see below...

Brian Camp wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2007, at 3:27 PM, Tom Eastep wrote:
>
>> On the flip side, note that we've seen cases where loading
>> ip_conntrack_sip has actually _broken_ working SIP installations.
>
> That reminds me..
>
> To work around the ip_nat_sip problem, I first appended 'rmmod ip_nat
> sip &> /dev/null' to our start file.  It was a great solution, or so I
> thought, because it didn't require modification of anything outside
> of /etc/shorewall and survived shorewall upgrades performed via yum
> update.

I just wanted to let those that have been following this issue, or come
across this problem in the future, know that this solution fixed the
problem.  I am now able to make inbound and outbound calls.

It looks like the good people at Broadvoice setup the Sipura device to
work around NAT, and shorewall (sip connection tracking to be specific),
trying to be helpful, worked against this.

All I did to solve this problem is add the following lines to my
/etc/shorewall/start file:

 rmmod ip_nat_sip &> /dev/null
 rmmod ip_conntrack_sip &> /dev/null

I did no port forwarding, or any other fancy stuff.

Thanks everyone,
Kenneth