On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 07:40:59PM +0200, E. Boer wrote:
> Can you please fix that? My phone becomes much much slower, because of
> logging everything. When I execute a command (ifconfig, logread, cat,
> etc), two or three rows appears in dmesg / logread with the alignment
> error. It also freezes my SSH session when I did a "ls /usr/lib", and
> even tab-completion didn't work either :-( and the log becomes
> unreadable.

As khem said, it's not so easy to fix it.. but there are newer eglibc
and glibc revisions (bumped today), so I'll try if it fixes it.

You can disable those errors to be shown in dmesg with a bit of google
help you'll find
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/arm/mem_alignment

and
echo 2 > /proc/cpu/alignment
will still fix up the user process but without warning in dmesg

> And I have a GPS-error:
>  WARNING  (could not write to
> '/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron': [Errno 2] No such
> file or directory: '/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron')

Isn't it warning about opening OLD first and then NEW, so it works
normally only shows warning because has to try second sysfs node.

> Near the top of the file you can see two rows OLD and NEW. copy the data
> from the NEW to the OLD and it works. Sorry for the bad explanation, but
> I had to do it without the phone :-(

I agree it should be switched NEW/OLD later (as it should now usually
find NEW first), but it works for me, so I'm curious why it wouldn't
work for you (except that harmless warning in log).

Regards,

--
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: martin.ja...@gmail.com