From:                   "Yuri Prokushev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date sent:              Wed, 05 Jun 2002 10:42:57 -0400 (EDT)
Subject:                Re: [Sibyl] Answers needed

> > the status should be probably clear. It
> >would be still better to get a confirmation from SpeedSoft people for
> > putting the RTL files under the FPC modified LGPL license, so that
> >we can directly include them (or their parts) into FPC RTL.
>
> I consider FPC's modification to LGPL is overhead. LGPL allows link
> object files or use dynamic linking.

 I'll discuss this again with other FPC core team members (after
studying the license), most probably on our meeting at the end of
this month.

> We have RTL (os2 & windows {not commited}), SPCC, and SVDE (IDE). We
> doesn't have compiler/debugger. compiler.pas/spc25.pas uses
> spdll25.dll where real compiler placed. Same for debugger.

 ... and the interface isn't documented at all, right... :-(

> We are using original compiler from speedsoft sibyl 3 fix 4 for
first
> time until porting will be finished.

 I suspect porting won't be the major part then - the trouble will
come with pasting the compiler to the IDE. BTW, we're still missing a
debugger - OS/2 GDB only works with EMX executables. :-(

Tomas