This is a reminder to register for the 2011 SPDG Regional Meetings by
January 12, 2011. Please go to one of the links provided below to
complete a registration form, download draft agendas, and get
information on lodging and transportation.

Washington, DC - February 3-4, 2011 - Mid-south/Northeast States

http://spdg-2011-dc-conf-reg.tadnet.org

New Orleans, LA - February 8-9, 2011 - North Central/Southeast States

http://spdg-2011-neworleans-conf-reg.tadnet.org

Portland, OR - February 15-16, 2011 - Mountain Plains/Western States
(Hybrid Meeting: Virtual or Face-to-Face Attendance)

http://spdg-2011-pdx-conf-reg.tadnet.org

We've posted the above links and conference details provided below on
our website: http://signetwork.org/content_pages/27.

About the conference

This year's regional meetings are the second part of a five part series
we are offering in 2011 focused on Professional Development. On day one
we've invited speakers from either SISEP or the Oregon PBIS network to
present on Evidence Based Professional Development Practices. After the
presentations, there will be a discussion on how SPDG PD models relate
to best practices for training.

Next, we will continue the popular 'SIG Marketplace' session that began
in 2006. This time, however, the session will be structured in a
poster-session type format. Presenters will be available to share
information about a tool, product, or resource they have successfully
implemented in the last year that can be replicated by other state
projects.  Stay tuned - next week we will invite proposals and provide
details to potential presenters.

On day two, we'll direct our attention to evidence based practices in
Communities of Practice, followed by two rounds of Open Space 3-2-1 (3
highlights/2 questions/1 action) small group discussions. Topics for
these Open Space conversations will be generated by participants prior
to the meeting.

The objectives for this year's conference are as follows:

*         Reflecting on application of what we learned and tools we used
from last year

*         Increased knowledge and skills about evidence-based
professional development practices

*         Increased knowledge of and ability to use new tools presented

*         Building a stronger program network

Conference Fees

Similar to previous conferences, participants are not expected to pay a
registration fee. However, attendees are responsible for covering
travel, lodging, and some per diem expenses. The SIGnetwork will provide
three meals - breakfast and lunch on day one, and lunch only on day two.

Virtual Participation

In the event you are unable to attend one of the face-to-face
conferences due to time or budget constraints, we are offering a virtual
participant option for the Portland event only. Please complete a
registration form for the Portland event. In January, Audrey will
schedule a trial run to ensure participants are comfortable with the
online technology used for this conference.

Deadlines

The deadline to both register and reserve your lodging for all three
sites is January 12, 2011. If you have difficulty meeting the deadline,
please contact Leslie Crysler, lcrys...@uoregon.edu or Linda Lynch,
lgly...@uoregon.edu.

Audrey  Desjarlais

Signetwork Coordinator