From: Audrey Desjarlais
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 9:13 AM
To: 'sige...@lists.uoregon.edu'; 'sigdir...@lists.uoregon.edu';
'sigserve@lists.uoregon.edu'
Subject: More Guidance On Continuation Reporting

Greetings,

Below is more information about G5, continuation reports, final reports.
Please note that grantees are able to email their reports in to Patricia
Wright and copy their Project officers.  That is different than what the
directions in the continuation package stated.

**************************

Hello OSEP grantees,

I have been receiving a number of questions surrounding G5 so I am
providing you with some related Q&A on the most commonly asked
questions.

Q: Do I still go to e-Grants.ed.gov?  I am having trouble logging in
there.

A: Due to the transition to the new G5 system, you will no longer use
the e-grants website indicated in the continuation package; instead, you
can access G5 at http://www.g5.gov/.  You will have to register with the
new system, which is independent of the process you previously used with
e-grants.

Q: I am still having problems operating within the G5 system.

A: We apologize for the challenges involved with the transition to the
new system.  With specific G5 system questions, please contact the G5
Help Desk.  Their toll free number is 1-888-336-8930, and their email
address is edcaps.u...@ed.gov<mailto:edcaps.u...@ed.gov
<mailto:edcaps.u...@ed.gov%3cmailto:edcaps.u...@ed.gov> >.

Q: Are continuation reports and final reports the same?

A: No.  Continuation (annual) reports are required annually of
recipients of multi-year discretionary grants to report on progress
towards meeting project objectives and performance measures.  Final
reports are due 90 days after a grant (or grant extension) ends.  Both
reports require the completion of the ED Form 524B, which was emailed as
part of your annual continuation package and is available on G5.

Q: Are continuation and final reports submitted the same way?

A: No.  Continuation reports and final reports are submitted
differently.

*         Continuation reports can be submitted electronically through
G5 or via email.  In the event that neither of these methods are
possible, regular postal mail is acceptable.  Please refer to the
submission instructions included in the continuation package.  If you
submit electronically, you must submit a pdf copy of the signed ED 524B
Grant Performance Report Cover Sheet to Kimberly Savoy-Brown
(kim.sa...@ed.gov<mailto:kim.sa...@ed.gov
<mailto:kim.sa...@ed.gov%3cmailto:kim.sa...@ed.gov> > or fax:
202-245-7635).  Email or postal mail submissions should be sent to both
Kimberly Savoy-Brown and your Project Officer.  Please note that forward
funded/front loaded grants cannot be submitted through G5; instead, they
must be submitted via email or postal mail.  Please contact your Project
Officer if you are unsure of the mailing address.

*         Final reports cannot be submitted electronically through G5.
Instead, they need to be emailed to both Patricia Wright
(patricia.wri...@ed.gov<mailto:patricia.wri...@ed.gov
<mailto:patricia.wri...@ed.gov%3cmailto:patricia.wri...@ed.gov> >) and
your Project Officer.  When email submission is not possible, mailing
hard copies to both Patricia Wright and your Project Officer is
acceptable.  Please contact your Project Officer for the mailing address
in that event.

In review, continuation reports can be submitted through G5.  In the
event that you need to submit via email or regular mail, please send to
both Kimberly Savoy-Brown and your Project Officer.  Final reports
cannot be submitted through G5 and must be sent via email or regular
mail to both Patricia Wright and your Project Officer.

If you have further questions about the report submission process,
please contact your Project Officer.  If you have specific G5 system
questions, please contact the G5 Help Desk.

Thank you,

Leah

Leah R. Zimmerman

Research to Practice