Doug,

 Spectrographic analysis might be one way to determine of the
 amount of silver oxide present in CS.

 I wonder if there is more production of silver oxide in the
 high-voltage CS systems, where a lowering of pH has been
 observed (see message from 6-28-98, below).

 pH measurements are useful, since any consumption of oxygen
 (producing silver oxide) could leave behind a relative surplus
 of hydrogen -- thus lowering the pH.  I don't think we can
 assume that the small bubbles (observed during CS production)
 all immediately rise to the surface, thus taking 100% of the
 dissociated hydrogen and oxygen 'out of the picture'.

 I'd be interested to learn if ozone (O3) can be smelled exiting
 a high-voltage CS system -- possibly indicating that hydrogen
 peroxide is also present, dissolved in (acidic?) CS liquid.

 I read that ordinarily, CS and hydrogen peroxide should not be
 used together.  Then, what are the long term effects on CS
 (and on it's effects), if the CS is produced containing hydrogen
 peroxide. Would it rapidly turn into colloidal silver-oxide (CSO) ?

 Is CSO useful, as long as it's a colloid ?  Or, is CSO the final
 product, after the antibiotic potential has been expended ?  Can
 we measure the 'bioactive potential' of CS, by quantifying the
 CS/CSO ratio ?  Is the CS/CSO ratio a factor of the pH ?

 I don't know the facts, but I'm picturing a 0.010 micron colloidal
 silver particle as 1) containing perhaps 10,000 to 100,000 silver
 atoms, 2) having a net positive charge, and 3) being (in some
 cases) partially or entirely coated with silver- oxide molecules,
 therefore appearing and acting as 'colloidal silver-oxide' (CSO).

 CSO may be harmless(?) to higher life forms, but entirely
 useless(?) as an antibiotic, although stomach acid could perhaps
 turn it into ionic or dissolved silver (but stomach acid should not
 be an issue if consumed on an empty stomach).

 Can anyone supply any corrections or additions to the above ?

 --Bill K.

 6-25-98, Bill K. wrote:

 Bill, Bob,

 I have a hunch that the low pH is caused by electrolysis.  The high
 voltage is breaking the water into hydrogen and oxygen.  Then the
 dissolved hydrogen causes the pH to fall.  With an acid pH, the
 silver rods are rapidly dissolving, accounting for the high TDS.

 Sounds like the HVAC method may have some flaws, and the results
 may not be what you want....  Further research needed before
 using the product on people ???

 --Bill K.