Thank you JR,

>>At 01:37 PM 7/29/2007, you wrote:
Something to add to your massive database [grin]:
Bacteria That Eats Cellulose And Produces Electricity
http://tinyurl.com/2xagqg

  That is very interesting, and it is added to my on line database.
It is a 2 year archive of all messages sent to my mailing list.
http://tcbunch.com/pipermail/ntl_news_tcbunch.com/
It showed 4 years at one time.

The rest of the story on the growing bag, ..........

I was testing a moisture sensor I built from scratch. It was working very good as long as I added water to the media in the bag.

As soon as I added a nutrient solution, my moisture sensor circuit went out the window.

I was confused for a minute or two. When I measured the voltage, it was about 75 mv. This happened once again whereas I had some temperature sensor or something in a growing bad.

Most probes are not designed to work when a voltage appears, even if it is 100 mv or less.

Wayne