Looks like its the end of access to OTC  Lugols as it has 10% iodine. Is it
really sold at Walmart?  Feds are raising - anything that has 2.2% or higher
iodine content to Level 1 controlled substance.   This.....is most troubling.

, also known as Lugol's solution, first made in 1829, is a solution of iodine
named after the French physician J.G.A. Lugol. Lugol's iodine solution is often
used as an antiseptic and disinfectant, a starch indicator, to replenish iodine
deficiency, to protect the thyroid gland from radioactive materials (e.g.
"fallout"), and for emergency disinfection of drinking water.[1] Lugol's was
often used in the treatment of gout and was used as a first line treatment for
hypothyroidism in adults.
 It consists of 10% iodine (I2) and 10% potassium iodide (KI) in 80% distilled
water with a total iodine content of 130 mg/mL. Potassium iodide makes the
iodine water soluble through the formation of the I3- ion. It is obtained from
chemists and pharmacists who are licensed to prepare and dispense the solution.

zoe w <ilovegra...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/2007/fr0702.htm
zoe