----- Original Message -----
From: Paula Perry <p...@zoomnet.net>
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:29 am
Subject: Re: CS>finger pointers
To: silver-list@eskimo.com

> I am in agreement with Frankie. One of the latest attacks
> launched by the FDA is Bioidentical hormones. Who's complaining?
> Why big Pharma of course. It's cutting into the horses urine
> they've been selling for years as hormone replacement.
>
> If the FDA truely wanted to represent the people's wishes they
> would order labeling for GMO's and hormone laden milk, etc. etc.
> Peoples wishes and safety has little to do with it unless its
> such an outrageous violation that it gets mass publicity and
> people quit buying the products.
>
> Ode, you seem to think it's okay for big Pharma to limit alt
> med. but not okay for alt med to fight back. Double standards.
> Pharma gets to attack anyone and everyone that offers the least
> competition and that seems okay with you.
> Paula

  Well I'm not Ode, but I have been following what he has been saying and I
don't get that from what he is saying and he does say alot :)
 I'm not a big fan of the FDA or Big Pharma but as I have come to find in life,
sometimes we have to take the good with the bad. But sometimes we can also weed
through the BS and just grab the good.

 When my appendixes bust this past summer, I was sure glad when I got to the
Hospital, that they had that wonder drug called Morphine. I would have hated to
go through the trouble to find and smoke some opium or Crack to get rid of the
pain. I just had a thought maybe Heroin was what I should have been looking
for. Excuse me for taking the Morphine!

 I think Ode is saying if we don't like something, get off our ass and do
something about it. Action is where's it's at and words (crying) is NOT ACTION
it is talk and talk is cheap. I find many can talk a good game but fall far
short when it comes to action.
 Words have little meaning to me if there is no ACTION and far to many people
like to use words without action.

 Someone else said the FDA banned raw milk. FDA sucks, but stop the crying for
a few minutes and go to a Diray framer and go get some. If you want milk you
can get milk, get in your car drive to a farm and get some. That is taking
ACTION and that is being resonable for one own actions! Does it suck that we
have to go to them lenghts, it sure does. But until you've done it, your just
farting into the wind sort of speak.
 Is the farm to far (sob,sob poor me) well form a pool or a co-op, get a few
people together and take turns going to get it. If you want it, you can get
it!! How bad do you want it!! If you won't go the distance to get it, then you
lose the right to cry about it (in my book).  But if you go to the lenghts to
get it, then you have earned the right to cry about it and can yell to the
highest office (good luck). Most I find like to cry but won't go the lenghts to
get something done. Just because we want the milk from the cow doesn't mean we
have to be lead like cattle. Many here have chossen a different path then the
norm, but the path at times leads uphill.

 I believe in looking for the good in most things and I sure as hell would hate
to see things if there was not some sort of control, as corrupt as they can be.
If they weren't there, every crack pot would be selling their snake oil
miracule cure on every conner.

 Ever wonder why our life expetdentcy is alot more now than it was a 100 years
ago. Think about that for a minute.

 For me it's about finding Balance. Do I like Big Parma or the FDA, NO!!  But I
will steal some of the good they have done and I will also serach out in all
other areas and take what I believe to be useful and dispose of the rest or
leave it for another look some other day.

 My key is to find a Balance out there. There are many Truths out there but no
one Truth.

  Ken