----- Original Message ----- From: "Ode Coyote" <odecoy...@alltel.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Thank You.

At 12:18 AM 8/30/2008 +0930, you wrote:

(I had to make my own stirrer though as 'shop bought' stirrers spin too fast).

[##  ..not to mention being also extremely expensive for no reason at
all.  Fast is easy.
It's actually more difficult to make one that goes slow enough, as I suppose you know by now. Ode]

Yep, and I am definitely still looking into that 'speed' thing. Not holding an electronics degree all I can do is play around and experiment. I don't have the equipment to tell me the rpm of the ones I have made either, I do know that I want them to go a LOT SLOWER than what I have. I have slowed them down considerably just by using lower voltage, (electric motors are very reluctant to run slower than rated as you probably are aware), but I certainly would not be without it now. I believe it makes a hell of a difference in the production process, (and I reckon it can be improved considerably yet). ICS can be a very complex subject but I want it to be as simple as possible to achieve good quality CS in the home, and repeatable. I have tried the 'heat' business but not happy with that concept at all, I discarded that as quick as I introduced it. I still need to make a stirrer that will only have a couple of rpm, (as a quick example if you get my drift). Going to pick the brains of a young nephew very shortly who is an electrical engineer so am hoping it will be a productive and fruitful discussion. Neville.