Just yesterday I was talking with a Chinese lady from Malaysia, who was telling
me about various treatments used locally when she was a girl.

For boils in children's heads the treatment was to get a river frog, boil it
with rice and eat the meat.  (Don't tell the child it is a frog, and they will
think it is chicken.)

Sorry 'bout dat, but that is what she said.

She had a famous uncle or grandfather (forget) who was Dr Wu Lien-Teh and
recommended a book he wrote if it could be found (she has been searching
unsuccessfully for a copy).
She said the Biology of Dr Wu Len Teh, but I am wondering whether she meant
Biography, as that is all I can find.

http://www.worldscibooks.com/general/2773.html is the man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Lien-teh
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1966655