Thanks for the link.  In our earliest days on the (dial-up) internet we have
used Eudora and Pegasus, and I missed them when we then shifted to Outlook.
I think it is time to revisit, certainly, and I think DH will investigate this
for me.
Mutt was a mystery to me, but now I have googled it, here is a link for anyone
else who was mystified as to what it might be! - plus some comments and another
link

Online html official manual for Mutt stable version. This is the primary
documental source for learning Mutt.
www.mutt.org/doc/manual/
Mutt is a text-based e-mail client for Unix-like systems. It was originally
written by Michael Elkins in 1995 and released under the GNU General Public
The best e-mail package for Unix is mutt. Don't use pine for e-mail! It was
developed for people who are afraid of computers, not sophisticated computer
A guide to Mutt, also with screenshots, by the University of Alberta
(Department of Computing Science).
ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/resources/mutt/

  Hi Rowena,

  I *think* there is a checkbox option in the preferences dialog to
enable/disable
  message compacting in Outlook. I could be wrong about this, as I haven't
looked
  at Outlook since I had to "fix it" for a friend a few months ago, but I seem
  to remember that...

  It is frequently said by geeky types that "all email clients suck, but mutt
  sucks the least". I agree with that.
  Setting it up is daunting for a non-geek, though. But Eudora is very good, the
  older qualcomm version like Wayne uses. I know Thunderbird is not as feature
complete
  as Outlook (and it can be a bit slow), but Eudora pretty much has it all.
  You can still download the qualcomm release from
http://www.eudora.com/download/
  for free.

  Cheers,
  indi

  --

  WARNING: This message may contain sarcasm, dark humor, disagreement, and
honesty.