This went direct to Bethany for some strange internet reason.  I thought I
would send it along to the group seeing that was my original intention.
Rowena

I am a great fan of virgin coconut oil, and I use NiuLife brand, which I
believe is also available in the US.
It has a very pleasant taste, unlike some others I have tried.
Shelf life is  y  e  a  r  s.
I am currently using VCNO instead of butter, and by mistake I had a jar of VCNO
that I use for skin on the kitchen bench, and spread that on  my toast.  This
was not only some years old, but was also not top grade, in that although it
had been processed as for normal VCNO, the taste had not turned out right and
it had been sold at a reduced price for cosmetic and soap making.

The taste had not improved over the years, but it was not bad either, and I ate
it with absolutely no ill effects.

It is remarkable stuff.  Always keep it handy!

Rowena
Who also uses coconut milk and coconut cream instead of dairy milk.

        I was wondering if anyone knows the shelf life of raw coconut oil?  I
have thought about trying monolauren for things at different times - like
impentigo, etc., but haven't had coconut oil on hand. If I just buy some to
keep handy will it last for a while?