An odd thing happened to me this week.  Tuesday night when I went to bed, I
felt a sharp pain in my left arm -- high on the inside about midway between the
shoulder and elbow.  I ordinarily rest my head on the inside of my arm to
sleep, and this was painful enough to disallow that.  On Wednesday morning, I
had a bruise along the artery there, running down to and including the inside
of the elbow -- and the top of my forearm was painful to the touch.  I
*lased* (low-level-light laser) the place on my arm where the original pain was
(which was still painful to the touch).  By Thursday, the pain was pretty much
gone, but the bruise had spread to generous proportions -- almost all of the
inside of my upper arm.  Today the pain is still gone and the bruise is
beginning to lighten.  But here's the puzzle -- the whole thing was pretty much
spontaneous.  I don't remember doing anything that could cause an injury --
much less something as painful as
 that, or to cause that kind of bruising.  I sensed that it was the artery
itself that was hurting.  Is that possible?  Can arteries (or veins) *hurt*?
Anybody have any idea what the heck that was all about?  I'm not one to run to
the doctor quickly -- I'm inclined to wait a day or two and see what develops.
But I don't want to be stupid either.  Of course, if it happened again, I'd go
see my doctor immediately.  But I was hoping that someone might have some
insight.  TIIA.
MA