Two gallons is probably too much to brew at one time with most of the
home generators we see.
You would be better off starting out with a pint or a quart. (approx.
500 to 1000ml)

My rule of thumb is that the maximum amount of silver released into 1
cup of water at 1 milliamp current is equivalent to approximately
17ppm.  You can extrapolate from this rule.  Just use your reasoning
abilities, if you have any...  (I assume you do)

Dan