http://www.hormoneandlongevitycenter.com/thyroidtreatments1/

This link is a really good place to start.  I've been researching
thyroid/adrenals for over a year and gleaning info from people that have
been researching it for 5, 10 and more years.  I think Dr. Holtorf has the
best understanding of it.  He's as close to perfect as we can get.  :-)

I take T3 (a thyroid hormone), which is a bioidentical hormone replacement.
I don't convert well and the treatment for that is T3.  I also take adrenal
hormones.  Of course, there are some OTC meds that are supposed to help, but
I have no experience with them!

The thing is, you need to know why your thyroid isn't working right in the
first place.  Do you have low ferritin or B12?  Are your adrenals working
properly?  Do you have high RT3?  Do you have an underlying infection?  All
of these things (and more) can contribute to thyroid being low in the first
place.  You have to become a detective to figure it out, but it is possible.
You may not need thyroid meds if something else is keeping thyroid from
working.

If you can get a few labs done that would be good.  Free T3, Reverse T3,
B-12, Ferritin, Vit D, AM cortisol... those to start.  It will give you
enough info to get started on something.

VCO is fantastic for thyroid, so even just adding it would be great.  It's
the only oil that is truly safe to cook in.  (It doesn't get carcinogenic
when heated.)  It's fantastic!  It's the only oil I use.  Taking a tbs a day
by mouth is very good, but work up to that.  It can cause herxes!

That's my 2 cents for now...
Gina