From: Diane Mackey [mailto:dmacke...@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 2:31 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Bone Spur

This sounds like a classic case of Plantar Fasciitis.  Either the heel or
the arch of the foot gets very painful and inflammed, and usually after it
has been resting, such as when you are sleeping.  Tends to be much worse in
the morning and you can get a bit of relief by using the foot, but resting
it tends to make it worse.

I had a bad case of it for about two months.  I got arch supports for my
shoes to stretch the arch because that is where my pain was.  I took 1 gram
of magnesium nightly and that helped a bit.  What I believed turned the
corner for me was taking a high dose of omega fish oils, 3 times a day along
with a mineral supplement, but I still took the mag at night.

I also had foot and lower leg cramping too.  The magnesium really helped
that, so I still take 500 mgs nightly now.  I didn't soak my feet in epsom
salts, but that might have been helpful.

I know it can attack the heel and achilles tendon area of the foot.  You
might want to Google Plantar Fasciitis to see if you can find your symptoms
and some remedies for it.

Diane