From: MaryAnn Helland <marmar...@bellsouth.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Fri, January 15, 2010 7:24:18 AM
Subject: Re: CS>washing jars?

Hi Beth.  Well according to Trem, that would be a bad idea.  Hope he has the
courage to post again about it!  For myself, I also use a quart mason jar to
make my EIS, but then pour it into a storage jar and reuse the *making* jar
again.  I never wash any of the jars.  I do occasionally use a paper towel to
wipe off any residue on the inside of the mason jar -- a little bit of silver
film does accumulate over time.  If I felt the storage jars needed cleaning, I
would simply swish around some hydrogen peroxide inside there, then rinse with
distilled water.  HTH.
MA.