From: Pat <pattycake29...@yahoo.com>
To: silver list <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, March 12, 2010 3:08:03 PM
Subject: CS>Vitamin D

I am 60.  I get over 2,000 units vitamin D a day in pill form.  I'm in the
western part of South Carolina, USA at Latitude: 34.8525.

Two years ago, I hadn't heard about vitamin D deficiency, but luckily my doctor
made me get the 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test and a vitamin B-12 test.  I was
astounded when my vitamin D level was 14.  So, the next summer it was 55, then
last February it was 46.  I'm not taking less than I was last year, but I've
not been able to sit in the sun as much, I guess.  I'm thinking about calling
the doctor's office back and asking the nurse to make sure she read it right.
She was stuttering around about the date, then she just said it's normal level.
 I said I need to know the number, so she came up with 25.

I don't know yet how much it cost for the test, but last time I think I paid
about $47 for it....but it was discounted because of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield
agreement, I'm sure.  It's not cheap!

I hesitate to take much more vitamin D, preferring to get it through the
natural sun when I can.  This article turns everything topsy-turvy and I don't
know if I should believe it.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080125223302.htm

Pat

Archives: