My most humble apologies to Tom.
That was aimed at Tel , not Tom.

Hmm. These numbers really do not make much sense to me.
For instance.
Dr Hulda Clarks is 132 g per litre = 132/1132 as a percentage is
11.66%.by weight of the solution. or

I'm chemistry challenged OK. but from wikipedia,
Iodine is 100%available iodine iodine;
and KI is about 77% available Iodine (130mg KI =100mg I ).
So the 44g iodine granules would yield 44g iodine
and the 88 g KI would yield 88 *0.77 = 68 g iodine.
That is a total of 112 g available iodine in 1132 g water iodine solution
= 9.89% available iodine by weight which is near enough 10%.
Or working it the other way = 112 mg/ml

So Tel, where does the pedantic 5% come from??

Or are my calculations totally incorrect?

More calcs interspersed below.

Comments are welcome. Certainly we need some clarification about Lugols
strength and dosage here.

Tony

On 29 Mar 2010 at 7:57, Tony Moody wrote about :
Subject : Re: CS>RE: LUGO'L 5 % IODINE

> Hey Tom,
>
> You are being a bit of a prick, I'm sorry to have to say.
>
> Lugols is regulated by your system to 2% for container volumes more than
> 30ml, see wiki article below. .
>
> Further there are many different formula named Lugols. I notice that
> www.lugols.com mentions Lugols 5% and Lugols 2% and mentions the mg
> iodine per drop depending on how you hold the dropper and which % you
> have.
>
> Here are some formula below ; all yielding different mg/ml. Which is
> correct by your reckoning?
>
> OK,
> Tony
>
> Dr Hulda Clarke gave it as:
> 44g iodine, granular
> 88g potassium iodide, granular
> 1 litre water.

 = 9.89% available iodine by weight or 112 mg/ml

> Medical Microbiology --Cruikshank
> 10g iodine
> 20g Potassium iodide
> Distilled water 1000ml

= 2.5% available iodine by weight or 25.4mg/ml

> and
> 1g iodine
> 2g Potassium iodide
> 300ml Distilled water