So many people are now buying groceries at Food Loin and Wallyworld that my GF was laid off at Lowes Foods this week...18 years experience.
The "High Enders" are  taking down steps to save money.

Word has it that Lowes is going to remodel..probably into a warehouse self serve min wage part timer employer...a step below even WM.
 They HAVE TO do it, or go bust.
Part timers don't get bennies and there are HOARDS of folx looking for ANY sort of work.

I've recently hosted two financial refugee families..people living in tents on my land, with children. GF [just turned 57 ] now lives in an old 1960 school bus like I used to. Walked away from her mortgage just in time. [My "house" is 90% factory.. I sleep in the stock room. ] Her daughter, 3 kids and just back from Iraq hubby are living rent free in an squalid [destroyed by deadbeat ] mobile home I have that I was going to scrap.

GF was offered the option of going part time, but 100 miles a day to get to work and back, for 4 hours work a day @ $12 an hour ain't worth it, not even in a 50 MPG 1991 Chevy Metro. BTW Middle management got the axe right after the shirker crowd leaving the cross trained multi tasking crowd getting over worked and stressed out...then THEY got thinned out.

 Remember the "Five and Dime" stores ?..that's  5 and 10 cents.
The Dollar Tree stores [nothing over a dollar] will have to re-name to that pretty soon...."5 and 10" ....dollars.

.....we're just getting started... "Fundamentally Transforming America"....into "China" ?

Ode