From: Dorothy Fitzpatrick <d...@deetroy.org>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Fri, November 5, 2010 2:43:09 PM
Subject: Re: CS>making first batch need input please/Final Results

Hi Beth, I have the Silver Puppy with the magnetic stir i.e. a little plastic
tube spins continuously in the bottom of the jar, so it is being stirred the
whole time it is 'brewing.'  When I first started making my own CS i did get
the
occasional yellow batch, and very occasionally I get one now.  Ode (and others)
say that this can just happen as there are so many variables involved.  In my
case it was never the water as this measured 0 consistently on my TDS and other
batches made with water from the same bottle--were ok.  I believe it can be
just
something in the air i.e. contaminants of some sort which can't even be
seen--which will turn a batch yellow.  Most don't worry about this and yellow
is
ok anyway.  I just prefer it (being pedantic) to be clear.  dee

On 5 Nov 2010, at 18:05, Beth wrote:

> Hi Dee
> So do you stir it in that 5 hour time?
> That was what I was wondering about.
> Is it lack of constant stirring or is it the runaway
> theory?
> It was not yellow but a tad bit cloudier than pure water last
> night and now it is clear clear but yellow.
>
> Beth

Archives: