Dear Lisa,
     In the overwhelming majority of cases....strong-smelling urine is
the result of systemic dehydration.  That is, not ENOUGH water
is ingested for optimum functioning of the body's systems.  Fluid
volumes drop FIRST among the more tolerant (less critical) components
and last among the most critical
(the brain dies last from dehydration).  Urine taken from a
well-hydrated, basically healthy, person should be almost clear to
very light yellow in color and be very slightly saline
in taste.......almost like sea water water diluted 4X.
     This observation is past on as general information....not medical
advice or diagnosis.

Sincerely,   Brooks Bradley.